Tuesday, January 14, 2020

How Motion Pictures Were Made

Theatre Magazine, July 1912


"How moving pictures were made twelve years ago. Actors in the open air on a roof top."
"This operator [Siegmund Lubin] was one of the first in this country to make cinematograph films." 


Lubin Studios 1912: 

"Where the players pose for moving pictures. A busy day at the Lubin Studio, Philadelphia."
 "Seven plays may be rehearsed at one time."




The Cinema Theatre Association (CTA) have asked me to speak at their monthly meeting in London. March 28th, 2020. 
This is my first overseas talk, and will add to my reputation as a theatre historian.
I have started a GoFundMe campaign to extend my stay, conducting research and visiting historic theatres.
Research will be used for future talks, essays, articles, etc. The theatres visited recorded and shared on social media.
Funds collected will go directly to travel within the UK, accommodations, food and everyday expenses.
 

No comments: