Exhibitors Herald, January 22, 1927:
"Publix Theatres and Consolidated Amusements, Inc., have added a brilliant edifice to motion picture palaces below the Mason and Dixon line with the recent opening in Tampa, Fla. of the new Tampa Theatre--one of the popular 'atmospheric' type motion picture houses featuring brilliance of color and an auditorium set under an open sky effect."
"Stage and proscenium of the Tampa. Ceiling over auditorium represents the open sky with moving clouds and twinkling stars."
"The architecture is described as the true Hispano-Italian style."
"A section of the highly decorative foyer giving idea of the bright color treatment in materials."
"Colorful textured walls and floors in lobby of the Tampa Theatre."
Opened October 15, 1926 with Adolph Menjou in “The Ace of Cads”
Seating Capacity: 1,446 reduced to 1,252
Architect: John Eberson
Visit Tampa Bay--Tampa Theatre
For a postcard view visit our Theatre Posts website