Le Roy Theatre 2001
Excerpts from the Times, Batavia, New York, May 1, 1941:
Ralph Blouvet, Le Roy, will vacate the Le Roy Theater today and the Strand Theater in Brockport. One of the oldest theater operators in this section of the state, Blouvet announced he made a lease with the Kallet Theater Corporation of Scranton, Pa., to take over the theatrical enterprises for 10 years, the new operators to take possession today. Blouvet will retain ownership of the theater buildings in both locations."
"The Kallet Theatre Corporation operates about 225 theaters in New York State and Pennsylvania. It is understood that the new tenants plan extensive alterations to the Le Roy Theater."
"For many years the Le Roy Theater, then known as the Family Theater, was in the Maloney Block on the south side of Main Street, Following the merger of the Bank of Le Roy and the Le Roy National Bank in 1932, Blouvet purchased the Bank of Le Roy Building and remodeled it into the present theater."
From the Caledonia Advertiser, May 1, 1941:
In December 2005, the Le Roy Theatre became the Living Waters Church.
Above photograph of the Le Roy Theatre copyright Betty Sword, all rights reserved.
Cezar Del Valle is the author of the Brooklyn Theatre Index, chosen 2010 Best Book of the Year by the Theatre Historical Society.